Sadly this was our last class... There were more presentations tonight by Crystal, Kathryn, Vida, Cathy, Lydia and I also did mine. Once again, I thought they were all really well done. No one did the same thing- which goes to show how many awesome assistive technologies there truly are.
The presentation that stood out for me tonight was Lydia's. It was interesting to see how AT can make a difference across the life span. I think because I am a teacher, I only really thought about it for children entering school, children in school and then off to post secondary school. I have never really given much thought to those who would need it or begin to use well after that.
With the end of this class comes a whole new world to me. I have learned so much am am looking forward to being able to use so much of it within my practice as a teacher. Assistive technologies are invaluable tools for many people. They can make a world of difference in the quality of someone's life- as we definitely saw during this course.
Thanks so much Barb for such a useful course!